Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Soft Pink Joke

Picked up a second hand copy of the Soft Pink Truth album and ... is it good? Well, yes it is. BUT it is also a joke and call me boring but I do not like joke albums. There has been many joke albums in the past, and I tried very hard to remeber one that I liked and ... I liked none. The legend tells that this album was made after a bet between the author, Drew Daniel, one half of Matmos, and Herbert who challenged Daniel to make a house album. What he did was a joke, a "funny" crossover between Herbert's sound and some disco pastiches. Still, the album is fine. Is only that I do not get the joke, or if I get it just don't make me laugh. Having said that, I still enjoy the track Soft Pink Missy included also in the Famous When Dead II compilation.

Editor's Note: Since making reviews is against the principles of this blog, the Editor holds the right to delete or edit this post. For a more authorised (and favourable) review read Andy Kellman's at All Music: "Glitched-up, busted, bootylicious house (...) rife with incredibly pleasurable rhythms and ensnaring hooks galore, the Soft Pink Truth's Do You Party? is a stunner"

No comments: