Monday, May 03, 2004

A bit of nostalgia

That moment ... It was back in 1989. After a night out, I went to some British friends' apartment in El Carmen district in Valencia. They had a Sony Megabass stereo or something like that. They started playing on it (very loud) something that was new to me. It was dance music, but not cheesy. It was techno, but not dark. It was great! They told me it was Adamski's Liveandirect album. Stunning. Months later Adamski would become a star with the hit (uk number one?) classic single Killer, which featured another soon-to-be-a-star Seal. Something changed in my musical view at that moment. I knew dance music could be exciting again. Innovative, risky, moving, hard. Could MCA, now Universal, re issue the album, please? I know it is not a classic, but it was so special a that time. So much the sound of its time ...

No comments: